Our Mission and Vision
"Follow Jesus and lead others to follow Jesus."
"We are becoming a loving, unified community experiencing and living out the transforming power of the Gospel, multiplying followers of Jesus who are impacting Woodland Park, Teller County, and the World."
Our mission to “Follow Jesus and Lead Others to Follow Jesus” is all about multiplication! Our desire is to make disciples who make disciples by joyfully sharing the good news of the Gospel with everyone around us. All our ministries are designed to help people move along a Discipleship Pathway.* The simple goal of this pathway is that each person identifies his/her next step in following Jesus.
We worship together each week in a larger group setting where we encounter God, unify with each other, learn from God’s Word and celebrate what He has done for us.
We grow in spiritual maturity, guide each other, pray for one another and care for each other in small groups.
- We meet in smaller groups called triads (3 people) and quads (4 people) to encourage and challenge one another. Each triad and quad meets for a season then multiplies into 3 or 4 more groups, with each person taking on a group of his/her own.
Picture of a Disciple
In order to make disciples, we must know what a disciple looks like. This simple acronym helps us identify some characteristics of a disciple of Jesus. A disciple is one who answers Jesus’ call to FOLLOW ME:
- F ruitful: the life of a disciple bears fruit (John 15:8, 16)
- O bedient: a disciple obeys Jesus’ teaching (John 8:31; Luke 6:46-49)
- L oving: a disciple loves as he/she is loved (Matthew 22:37-40; John 13:34-35; I John 4:7-8)
- L istens: a disciple prays and listens to God (Matthew 4:19-20; Mark 9:7; James 5:16)
- O thers-focused: a disciple focuses on serving others (Matthew 10:42; 20:26-28)
- W ord-centered: a disciple centers his/her life on God’s Word (Ps 119:11, 105; Eph 6:17; Heb 4:12)
- M ultiplies: a disciple multiplies by making other disciples (Matthew 4:19; 28:19-20)
- E mpowered: a disciple is Spirit-empowered to become Christ-like (Acts 1:8; Rom 12:2; Gal 2:20)
If you are studying the sermon series in your small group, triad, or quad, click on the button below to access our resource page where you can download outlines, questions, and applications for the series.