We believe God has called us to be a multiplying church that trains up and sends out leaders to share the Gospel. Chris and Alex Asmus are now 'on location' to plant in St. Paul, MN. Here are some updates from Chris and Alex about Vertical Church St. Paul.
- We released the vision video on Unashamed Worship! Watch it HERE now!
- The Core Team Celebration this past Sunday was one of the sweetest times we've had as a church so far. We celebrated Jesus’ faithfulness to “carry us to this place” (Deut. 1:29-31), and we learned what specific areas we will be serving in moving forward. May we never stop thanking God for his kindness towards our church!
- After the celebration last week, as the Asmus’ were going to their car, they found an envelope resting on the door handle. Inside that envelope was $2500 collected by the Core Team to help the Asmus family work through some car issues.
The Asmus family wanted to say this:
“Core Team, there are no words to adequately express our thankfulness for your incredible act of kindness, love, and generosity towards us. We have never felt so loved and cared for in our lives. From the deepest parts of our hearts, we thank you and we love you. We have seen and experienced Jesus more fully through this gift to us. Thank you for displaying Christ to us and loving our family so well.”
- This week, we are thanking God for Woodland Park Community Church. They are flying out their Executive Pastor, Jim Vandermeer, to help us build our first year’s budget. Truly, the Lord is sending us strong support for every step of planting this church!
- One of the churches in the Twin Cities that has been most supportive of us is Salt City Church. Many of you know Pastor Drew’s youngest son, Jude, has had major heart complications since birth 5 months ago. This week, baby Jude went Home to Christ. The family writes,
“Obviously a whirlwind of emotion is occurring but mostly we feel peace and thanks. So thankful to have known Jude for a little over 5 months! Thankful that death doesn't have victory because Jesus died for us! Thankful for our community…Thankful that Jude has no more pain, suffering, medication and is free to be who God made him tobe.”
Would you pray for the Stevenson family and Salt City Church right now?
- Pray for the Vision Night this Sunday! It’s our second to last vision night, so let’s invite and pray like never before, believing God has more people He wants us to call to this great, gospel work!
- Tonight we tour and pray over our space at Concordia! We are still in awe of how God provided this space. Join us from 6:00-7:00 PM tonight to walk the halls, get a picture of where we will be meeting, and pray over the building. The address is 300 Hamline Ave. St. Paul, MN 55104. We hope to see you there!
- Giving: Our Giving Goal for July is $9000, and so far we are at $3,094. Praise the Lord! Remember, we need monthly giving to be around $10,000 per month by September, so here’s the challenge: let’s all go to the Lord in prayer this week, and see if He would be pleased to have us all give a little more than last month. May July be the month when God greatly grew us in generosity